For Parents - Web Safety Guide
Tips to stay safe online
- Never give out your personal information online. Don't give out your real name, address, phone number, school name or passwords to anyone online.
- Keep your online friendships online. Never meet with an online buddy unless your parents or an adult goes with you. Remember that they may not be who they say they are. Someone who says that he or she is a 9 year old could really be an older man or woman.
- Don't open any links or download anything if you don't know who it's from or what it is - your computer may get sick with a virus and not work anymore.
- Stop right away or close the window if you see or read anything online that upsets or scares you and tell your parents or an adult about it.
- Protect your privacy. Never swap or post your personal photographs online.
- Always have good manners and be polite when talking to others online.